Community Health Outreach Provides a Diverse Array of Services to Local Individuals and Families
More than 39,000 people in the community were served in 2015!
Founded in 1988, Community Health Outreach (CHO) provides Duval County residents and families with free community outreach services. We offer our services to those who need them most, the underserved, the uninsured and the food insecure, including American service veterans.
Community Health Outreach Services are available for Free and Include:
- Emergency Dental Treatment
- Primary Medical Care
- Food Assistance
- Preventive Medical and Dental Care
- Health Awareness Programs
- Confidential Pregnancy Testing & Optional Counseling
- Infant and Baby Items
Community Health Outreach does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender expression, or disability. We will give military veterans preference for dental services with proof of service.
Our NEW Dental / Medical Clinic
The new 6,500 square foot, Outreach Center houses the “Healing Hands Medical and Dental Ministry.” Situated on a 2.9 acre site, the Outreach Center is located on Timuquana Road in Jacksonville, FL. The new state-of-the-art facility more than doubles our clinic, and includes 6 medical exam rooms, 6 dental stations, a large waiting room, dental lab and sterilization rooms, and much needed administrative offices. View a video on First Coast News
We are blessed to have received the generous support of the Jeannie Blaylock “Apple Project, The Weaver Family Foundation fund, Rotary International, The Haskell Company, and in-kind contribution from many others. Learn more
We Depend on Your Support
Please Donate Today – All our services are given free of charge.
Your generous gift will be an investment in the health and well-being of our entire community.
- Healthcare Professional Volunteers – We need your expertise. If you are a Dentist, Hygienist, Dental Assistant, Medical Doctor, Physician Assistant, Nurse Practitioner, Nurse, Dental/Medical Technician, Dental/Medical Office Administrator wishing to give of your services.
- Individual or Group Volunteers – Whether you’re one person or fifty, we need your help.
- Donate Food Items – We appreciate the donation of canned food/drinks, bottled food/drinks, other nonperishable packaged food, paper bags, and plastic bags.
- Donate Baby Items – We appreciate the donation of new or gently used infant and baby items, diapers, baby wipes and food.
Please contact Bernice Mauras at: Volunteer@CHOjax.org